Quinoa Avocado Salad With Black Beans over Arugula

Tonight it was Quinoa Avocado Salad with a lot of other vegetables.  It was really good, didn't make a huge mess in the kitchen, quick, and filled me up.  I have to admit though this was a cheat recipe.  This was one of them that was advertised as both basic and advanced plans.  It wasn't until I went to make it that I read, "Omit Quinoa if you are on the Advanced Plan."  Since I'm feeding my whole family I didn't want to omit anything.  We'll see how I do tonight.

The day went well - and by that I mean I didn't have any massive blood sugar crashes.  Lunch was leftover chicken and other vegetables, breakfast was another shake, and I snacked on my Rosemary Zucchini bread.  I got about an hour of Karate exercises in.  Karate doesn't raise my heart rate really high, but it does raise it enough to get a little sweat going.  I noticed after my session that my hunger pangs went away.

I'm still faced with a lot of leftover vegetables - Bok Choi, Scallions, and Snow Peas.  I found out from my Joy of Cooking that Bok Choi is a kind of cabbage.  It wasn't bad when I sauteed it in sesame oil, so I'm thinking of doing that tomorrow morning and mix it in with either scrambled eggs or an omelette.  Tomorrow is my weekly trip to the grocery store so I better get cracking on some new recipes.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan 1 - First Stab at Grocery Shopping and Meal Prep

Day 0 - Starting 2024 With My Health in Mind

Bok Choi and Scallion Scrambled Eggs